Thursday, February 24, 2011

What a Week!

ok it hasn't been that exciting, but i never know what to title these things. I've debated on what to get myself with my tax money (what i don't put into savings). It first was a cruise, a Ipod touch, a DS, and the final decision is TOMS shoes! And guess what I went and got them today! As soon as I got out to the car I promptly put them on. I'm so glad I decided to get these, because i know I will use them the most!
And of course I had to get my favorite color RED!!

My sister is an extreme couponer...ok maybe not as extreme as those people on the show (if anybody has watched that its crazy what people will do to get coupons, dig through trash, go door to door, spend hours and hours and hours finding deals, organizing, preshopping, and then shopping, its CRAZY) But she got me into couponing, I've been trying to do good, but I don't have the system down yet. I have a little file folder that I have "organized" my coupons in and when i go to the store i just flip through the coupons. Anyways today I went to Smiths to go grocery shopping, for bread, milk, eggs! I wanted to see what i could get using my coupons. It was so frustrating stopping in every isle, go through the coupons to see what I could use. But I used a lot of coupons and saved....$20.00! ha ha its not that much, but it did help me out. Once I get used to the system and how things work i bet I could start saving more!! I just need to sneak newspaper ads out of our clubhouse newspaper stand. Ok they are free, but it does say on there only take 1. Maybe i can just sneak all the coupons out of there and leave the newspapers...who even uses coupons? Nobody will ever miss them!

I've always wanted to learn how to make Blondies, Vanilla Brownies! I've had them when I was little and haven't had them since! I was craving something sweet last night and now and then I like to try new recipes. I got out my trusty Blanding cookbook that my granny gave me one year for christmas and found a recipe in there...there was only 1 vanilla brownie recipe, so of course I had to try it!! They are FABULOUS!!! here is the recipe (for you Jamie...because I'll probably forget the recipe when I come home) its really easy!!

1 cup brown sugar 1 egg- well beaten
1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup melted butter 1 scant cup of flour
pinch of salt 3/4 cups of nuts (optional)

cream sugar, butter and add egg. Sift together dry ingredients and add to sugar/butter. Mix. Add vanilla and nuts. Pour into greased 8" square pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Here is my dog...while I was taking a picture of my shoes she of course had to get one too!! Don't mind the scary eyes!!

0 comments: