Tuesday, January 13, 2009

boring blog...

Sorry I haven't been blogging very much, but my computer's usb drive doesn't work so i can't upload pictures. I hate blogging without pictures so I haven't blogged for a while. Nothing much has been going on...we went to Ogden the first of this month to visit my grandma....we went to temple square and outback (which was a mess, when we got there they were all out of food and we had to buy these 20 dollar steaks, they were good but not big enough to justify 20 dollars) and we made it to my grandma's house all in one piece. Poor gracie while we were having fun looking at the lights and eating she had to stay in the car. Don't worry she survived we piled blankets around her carrier, so she just took a nap. Jerika and I were a little camera happy, which all those pictures are at my mom's house so when i get there i will post some. We got some good ones...i think i should go into photography..ha just kidding. I think we were doing it mostly to make jake annoyed...ha we're sisters that's what we do! Oh and while we were going around to all of these places my dad had a gun attached to his ankle. He thinks he can carry around a firearm because he has a permit. Its a good thing i didn't know until we got to my grandma's or he wouldn't have carried it around...ha maybe he just feels cool, but we were in salt lake i guess we would have been safe if there was a gunman in temple square!
After Christmas break, which i spent the whole time in Richfield, because i love Richfield, I decided I needed to get my life sorted out with school and getting a job. Needless to say I am still looking for a job. I decided that I needed to go back to school, because I was kind of bored and I needed something to do. Well the other day I got a call from Provo College, because I wanted to do medical assisting, I went and was about to do it before i called my mom with the price. I guess I just didn't register that it was more than regular college, but it is like 4095.00 a term. In order to do my degree I would have to do 4 different terms. Ya its a lot, so I am not doing that and I am just still finding trying to find a job. So if anyone knows where I can get a job as a dental assistant in the areas of Provo, Cedar, or St. George let me know...those are the only places I will move to...oh and Richfield of course. I will post pictures of Temple square when i get home this weekend.

2 comments:

The Nixons said...

ha

Melanie said...

Hey Jess,
It has been a long time since I have seen you. I didn't know you wanted to be a dental assistant that is cool. I am. It is alot of fun most of the time. I hear though that you and Kenzie are having a struggle finding a job. I don't want to sound like I know it all but my doctor that I work for has had several assistants come in for interviews and I have noticed some things. Doctors like people who jump right in. Especially when they ask if they can do it or if there is anything they can do. Really get in and help like you have worked there forever. Talk with patients and show that your friendly and know how to answer questions. Even dumb little things like helping with sterlization and the garbage and just running like mad really helps alot to get the attention of the doctor. It is amazing though because it isn't just the doctor that choses who to hire. The other assistants want somebody who can keep up and really get things done and if you can just jump right in and assist even if you feel so uncomfortable, eventually it will get easier and you'll stand out. I know the one thing that drives my doctor crazy is when potential assistants come in for their working interview and they stand around and just watch with their arms folded. Put your self out their girl. I am sure everyone will love you.
I hope everything goes well for you! And I hope you find a job soon. It is alot of fun. Good luck!

From, Melanie